22 April, 2009

This blog isn't dead.

I've been sorting out some business in my life this past rainy month, including but not limited to the completion of my graduate course, attempts to get published, and an excess of work accompanied by the influx of tourist season. For once I can say that I've been very busy and not feel like I'm kidding myself and making excuses. I am full of motivation and--gasp--actually doing something about it.

Anyway, I'll be back with real posts soon, and to keep you on the edge of your seat and to keep me organized, here are some topics I may cover:

-Movie reviews of Manhattan, In the Mood for Love, Runaway Train, Yi Yi, the entire Jim Jarmusch filmography, Alien and Aliens, The Untouchables, Videodrome, Life Boat, Ali: Fear Eats the Soul, The Last Emperor, The Accidental Activist, The Grand Silence, Django, and/or Dear Zachary.
-Fiction possibly involving pickpockets, a Thanksgiving road trip, and/or a confused mother.
-A report on music, musicals, and drum kits.
-An analysis of my days at Johns Hopkins.
-Book reviews referencing Moby Dick, Middlemarch, The Coquette, and the stories of Richard Ford.
-A conversation with this article about Doris Lessing's Briefing for a Descent into Hell.
-My feelings about travel, prescription drugs, gay marriage, and the Russian language.

No comments: